Wondering how to apply temporary tattoos? Here’s what you need to know about the application and removal of our temporary tattoos:
- Before application, make sure the skin is clean, dry, and free of oils or makeup. Do not use body lotion, perfume, insect repellent, etc., near temporary tattoos.
- Select an area for your tattoo, avoiding places with excessive hair or where your skin sweats or stretches too much. Also avoid areas where skin bends or wrinkles, as well as where shirt cuffs or collars may rub. This will help extend the life of your temporary tattoo.
- Remove the clear top sheet from the tattoo and position the tattoo face down on the skin.
- Press the tattoo firmly onto the skin with the design facing down. Then hold a damp (wet but not dripping) paper towel, sponge or cloth against the back of the tattoo. Press down. Hold firmly in place for 30 seconds.
- At this point, the paper backing should slide off the tattoo. If it doesn’t, place the damp cloth back over the tattoo and hold for another 15 to 30 seconds until the paper removes easily. You’re all finished.
- It’s safe to shower and bathe while wearing our temporary tattoos! Avoid bath products that contain oil or alcohol. Most importantly, gently pat them dry. DO NOT RUB them with a towel.
- Removal of Temporary Tattoos- Rub the tattoo with rubbing alcohol or baby oil and wash the area with soap and water.